The Research Services (RS) are based in the School of Advanced Study but support all the departments within the University of London, including the Finance and Planning Unit.
The Research Finance Officer's role has been established to assist in the delivery of integrated and effective Research Support Services to service users with the specific objective to maximise our ability to financially plan, manage and monitor our research grants and contracts appropriately.
With prior experience in the sector and preferable in a research administrative and finance environment, the post holder's role will be crucial. They will be expected to work collaboratively with a team of colleagues to deliver a high-quality research support services; They will be expected to provide pro-active and dedicated support in pre and post award financial administration, in managing financial data and reporting on all research activities demonstrating a very high attention to detail and an investigative approach to their work, which will contribute to and feed into the University’s TRAC (Transparent approach to costing) return. The post holder is expected to work closely with researchers, professional staff within all departments and managers at all levels to promote efficiencies and effectiveness across departments. The post-holder will report to the Head of Management Information and Research Services (HoMIRS) and work as part of the Research Services Team, and in close collaboration with the University’s Associate Director Finance Academic (AFDA).
The main responsibilities of the post are summarised below: (please do go through the job description attached which go through the duties in much more details)
- Costing research grants ensuring compliance with accounting principles, UoL financial regulations, policies and procedures and funders' requirements terms and conditions and deadlines.
- Supporting award administration and reporting periods for both internal and external use (includes quarterly forecasts, annual planning round, year end reconciliation, as well as any interrnal and external reporting needs and audits)
- Overseeing Research Management Module workflow in both pre and post award stages (Agresso - Unit 4)
- Preparing and Coordinating the data required to conduct the University's TRAC return
- Be the main point of contact on funders' financial requirements/terms and conditions.
The post is for one year with the possibility of extension.
To apply, please submit your application and up to date CV before closing date at midnight on Sunday, 9 July 2017.